Adoption Terms & Conditions
To be considered as an adopter, you must:
• Be 21 years of age or older.
• Have identification showing your present address.
• Have the knowledge and consent of your landlord.
• Be able and willing to spend the time and money necessary to provide training, medical treatment and proper care of the dog.
• Our dogs deserve to sleep inside the house and be a part of the family with all your other pets.
• ALL YOUR CURRENT DOGS NEEDS TO BE STERILISED BEFORE YOU CAN ADOPT A DANE FROM US.
• When a Dane that you adopted needs to be rehomed, the Dane has to be returned to Great Dane Rescue SA.
• Agree to pay a non-refundable adoption fee.
• Agree and allow us to do a home check.
• Adoptions will only be allowed within the borders of the RSA.
• Danes under the age of 6 months cannot be adopted outside the Gauteng Province.
• If your Dane that you choose, does not reside in the same town as you, you have the option to collect the Dane yourself, alternatively GDRSA will assist/deliver the Dane to you at a cost to be determined by the National AA rates.
• A R150-00 home check fee is payable in cash when the home check is done. This will be deductible from the adoption fee should you be approved to adopt a Dane through GDRSA. If you are not approved to adopt in terms our terms and conditions, no refund will be payable.
PLACEMENT OF DOGS ARE SUBJECT TO PRIOR SETTLEMENT OF ADOPTION FEE
PUPPY over 6 months old / ADULT - R 1,500
PUPPY (new born up to 6 months old) - R2,500
Adoption fees are payable upfront and before the Dane goes to its new home.
PLEASE TAKE NOTE in terms of Puppies:
• We won’t place pups out of the Gauteng area. When adopting a pup, the pup must be sterilized at 6 months by one of GDRSA vets.
• If you cannot take them to one of our vets, you may take them to your vet, obviously for your own account.
• Puppies will not be allowed to be left alone at home for the full work day and alternative arrangements ie day care should be arranged if you will only have this one dog.
NB. Completion of the Adoption Application does not guarantee approval for adoption.
Download the adoption form from our website and return them completed and signed or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Should the application form be approved, a home check will be arranged to inspect the property, meet the family and decide which dog will be a perfect fit.
Should the home check be approved, you will be able to meet the dog.
All dogs will be vaccinated and sterilized* if needed before homing.
Adoption fee to be paid and proof of payment emailed to us before any dog will be sent off to their new home.
*sterilization is non-negotiable